- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Make sure you've chosen ripe avocados! They should be slightly squishy, but still a bit firm.
- Scoop the avocado into a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss avocado in lime juice. (Here's where I like to use a few extra squeezes of lime juice)
- Add salt, and using a fork, mash the avocado to a smooth consistency.
- Mix in the red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
This guacamole is best eaten the same day it is prepared.
A gluten-free recipe