- "Posh Pink" by Rimmel London - a bright Barbie pink.
- "Let's Talk" by Sinful Colors - a BRIGHT iridescent purple (although it looks blue in the above picture)
- "Well-Cultured Pearl" by Finger Paints - a very sheer neutral pearl.
For technique, I was given...
- Fan Brush - I received one for Christmas, but I had never used it prior to this mani.
- Loose Glitter - Another Christmas present that hadn't been used prior to this mani. (I guess there's a first for everything!)
Here's what I came up with.
But, if you are interested in how this came to be, I started with a coat of the pink polish on all of my nails. I let the pink dry and then dipped my fan brush in the purple polish and lightly dabbed it on a piece of paper so that there wasn't as much polish on the brush when I applied it to my nail. I used quick, light brush strokes and sort of just dabbed and brushed it across my nail until I felt like there was enough polish. I do think that from a distance, the fan brush created a tie dye effect on my nail, but up close (and in the above pictures) I'm not a huge fan.
After the purple dried a bit, I did the same with the pearl. Finally, I used a clear polish and the fan brush one last time to have a base to apply the loose glitter to (I chose to use purple loose glitter). The glitter adds more sparkle to the mani, but to be honest, it's a bit too much I think.
All in all, I feel like the nail polish fairies threw up bright polish, sparkle, and glitter all over my nails, so I definitely won't be wearing this one out! I'm glad I tried these techniques, though, and I had a lot of fun with the mystery aspect of this mani! The hubby also said it was fun for him and he got a good laugh out of seeing my nails that were more fit for a 1st grader.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stop by often!