Unfortunately, I worked today and didn't spend my day drinking green beer, but I decided to be super festive because if I had to go to work , then at least I'd do it in style! First up, the shamrock shirt. This little beauty got to make an appearance today.
- 1 half banana
- 1 navel orange, peeled.
- 5-6 chunks of frozen pineapple
- 2 cups (or two handfuls, haha) of baby spinach
- teaspoon of lime juice
- Start by putting the banana, peeled orange, and frozen pineapple in the blender.
- Next, add the spinach and squeeze about a teaspoon of fresh lime juice over top.
- Lastly, add about 5 or 6 ice cubes and 1/4 cup of water. The water helps to loosen the smoothie up, so it's not too thick. I hate overly thick smoothies!
- Now, let the blender do the work! Our Vitamix has a smoothie setting, so I just set it to that and it blends for about a minute. If you are working with a regular blender, just blend for about a minute, or until your mixture is well mixed and smooth. Pour into a glass, and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you stop by often!